Family lawyer, family attorney, family law firm, criminal lawyer, Sarasota County, Bradenton, Desoto, Pinellas, Manatee County, Florida.

1800 2nd Street, Suite 882, Sarasota, Florida 34236
Phone: 941-227-4945 | Hours: Mon - Fri 9am to 5pm

Hablamos Español



Each relocation is drastically different; each case and each set of circumstances warrants a thorough and detailed investigation into whether the move is truly in the best interest of the child or if the parent is simply moving away in an attempt to minimize the child's contact with the other parent.

In an investigation to see if the relocation is truly in the best interest of the child, our office will look into the following factors, among others:

  • The quality of the school system where the child is proposed to relocate.
  • The medical ratio and quality of medical care in the area where the child is proposed to live.
  • The crime in the neighborhood and the surrounding areas of the new residence.
  • The amount of time the non-relocating parent will lose, if any, after the move.
  • The costs associated with transporting the child for time-sharing.
  • Extended family in the child's current location compared to the new location.

Each of these factors are important in a relocation case. Our Office is well versed in these factors and how to present them to the judge to ensure that the relocation is truly in the best interest of your child.


Contact our office today to schedule a free, no obligation consultation and discuss your rights if you have been served with a Notice of Intent to Relocate, Petition for Relocation, or the other party has requested that you permit them to relocate.


If you have received a Legal Notice of Intent to Relocate, you need to contact an attorney immediately as you have a very limited time to respond and oppose the relocation.

Schedule a no-cost consultation

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.

Relocations by a custodial parent must be in the best interest of the child and the requesting parent must show the relocation is in the best interest. The Florida Legislature has set forth specific factors the Court must...

Read more

When an unwed couple has a child, either the mother or the father should bring a paternity action to address various issues between the parents. These issues include: mother's  rights, father's rights, prior paternity...

Read more

When dealing with a relocation, the Court follows whether the move is in the best interest of the child. If you are pursuing relocation, you must prove that you are relocating for the best interest of the child...

Read more


**The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. This web site has been prepared for informational purposes only, and does not constitute legal advice nor is intended to be a complete list of all the information that may be available on any subject addressed herein. The information this site contains is not intended to create a lawyer-client relationship.  You should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Any references or links to other websites are provided only as a convenience to our visitors.**   Kowtko Law Group, P.A.  © 2015