Family lawyer, family attorney, family law firm, criminal lawyer, Sarasota County, Bradenton, Desoto, Pinellas, Manatee County, Florida.

1800 2nd Street, Suite 882, Sarasota, Florida 34236
Phone: 941-227-4945 | Hours: Mon - Fri 9am to 5pm

Hablamos Español



Once an attorney determines that an order was previously entered on a particular matter and the opposing party has not complied with that order within a reasonable time, then the attorney may move the court to address the issue.


There are various types of motions an attorney has at their disposal depending on the type of order and relief sought. However, no matter what motion is filed, very often there will also be a request for the non-moving party to pay the attorney’s fees and costs for having to seek enforcement.


A Court may handle enforcement issues based on certain facts: if the party did not follow the order because they had no ability or because compliance was impossible, then the Court may be more understanding than if the noncompliance was found to be willful or intentional.

Schedule a no-cost consultation

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.

As the mother of a child born out of wedlock, you may need to fight for your child’s right for financial, emotional and moral support from his/her father. In this case, the mother may want to seek legal counsel...

Read more

When an unwed couple has a child, either the mother or the father should bring a paternity action to address various issues between the parents. These issues include: mother's  rights, father's rights...

Read more

Unlike in a child born into a marriage, when a child is born out of wedlock the biological father is not necessarily presumed to be the legal father. In this case, the biological father

may want to seek legal counsel...

Read more

There are several ways for the parents to establish paternity:

Legitimize the child through the
parents getting married, an acknowledgment of paternity signed by both parents or a Court order...

Read more

When a family law case is resolved or there is an order entered by the court, the parties to the case are bound by that order and must follow it. Very often one party will intentionally or unintentionally fail ...

Read more

In Florida, child support is not necessarily the right of either the paying or receiving parent, but is instead the right of the child in the action. While one parent will likely be paying the other parent...

Read more


**The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. This web site has been prepared for informational purposes only, and does not constitute legal advice nor is intended to be a complete list of all the information that may be available on any subject addressed herein. The information this site contains is not intended to create a lawyer-client relationship.  You should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Any references or links to other websites are provided only as a convenience to our visitors.**   Kowtko Law Group, P.A.  © 2015